jump to navigation

ARDUINO SKETCH — lesson learned November 27, 2010

Posted by rik94566 in aquaponics, arduino, DIY aquaponics, sensor, Temperature Probe.
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

I am working with a DS18B20 IC (1-wire).  Which means I am making a temperature probe prototype.  Once I understand the performance issues and how to get my arduino to read the IC, I can construct my Stainless Steel temperature  probes to be put into all my units.


I researched basic sketches to determine the most simple to use so I could get started.  I found two sources for use.

The sketch looked good at the start, but after a review of it I found it hard to use as parts of it were out of order and in the wrong places.

I moved on to:


I reviewed the sketch given in the example.  It was just what I was looking for to test my prototypes and test the individuals probes as I construct them.

So I started my sketch and input the lines of code based on the example.  I did it this way to try and learn the sketches and how they perform.  Once I went to verify my sketch I got an error.

Sketch Error problem

I could not figure out what was wrong with my imputed sketch…

After contacting Miles Burton who wrote the original sketch about my error.  His solution was to just copy and paste his sketch in to my sketch.  Guess what it worked with no errors.

LESSON LEARNED — go with what works and keep it simple at all times.



No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: