Load them up — 5 (DS18B20) Temp Probes — SKETCH CRASHES September 10, 2011Posted by rik94566 in aquaponic automation, aquaponics, arduino, CAT 5 Cable, CEA, Controlled Environment Agriculture, Crop, DIY aquaponics, DS18B20, indoor aquaponics, indoor gardens, indoor growing, Sensor Hub, Stainless Steel Temp Probe, Temperature Probe.
Tags: aquaponic automation, aquaponics, arduino, arduino sketch, automation, CAT 5 cable, DIY aquaponics, DS18B20, indoor aquaponics, indoors aquaponics, microcontroller, Miles Burton, rik kretzinger, sensor, Temp Probe, Temperature Probe
Well I got it together now and fired everything up — and the sketch crashed… Here are the details of what it looked like.
I put the 5 probe sketch I was using up on google docs and made it available at this link:
If you have a problem with the sketch just email me at email@example.com and I will send the sketch to you.
Here is what it looks like as it was coded:
Here is the result when I ran the sketch:
Interesting thing is that I worked my way up from 1 probe to 5 probes. Before I started I checked all slots on the harness to make sure there would be no problems with the connections. Everything worked fine through 4 probes. Here is what it looked like running 4 probes.
Now the fun begins.. get to figure out why this does not work with 5 probes. Found out some other things about deviceIndex while I was loading up all the probes. Will blog about that next and present concepts that help drive the One-wire protocols.